3 cups milk
3/4 cup maple syrup
2 tsp. cinnamon
zest of 1 lemon
1/2 loaf French bread, cubed
2 cups fresh blueberries (or thawed & drained frozen berries)
Topping: 3 Tbsp. sugar
1 Tbsp. cinnamon
1. Break eggs into a large mixing bowl. Beat well with a wire whisk.
2. Add milk, maple syrup, salt, cinnamon and lemon zest; whisk together.
3. Cut bread into cubes. Add to custard mixture and mix together.
4. Stir in blueberries.
5. Pour into a buttered 13X9" baking dish. Spread evenly.
6. Prepare topping: Mix together sugar and remaining cinnamon.
7. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar mixture over French toast.
8. Bake at 350 degree oven until browned and set, approximately 40-50 minutes.
Yield: 10-12 servings.