Saturday, December 29, 2012

TO DIE FOR MAC AND CHEESE

 

MAC AND CHEESE

This has to be the best mac and cheese recipe I have ever put on my lips, which now are on my hips. My daughter who is in the Navy, found and cooked this recipe for a group of sailors on Thanksgiving day. She said it was a huge hit, and so I too wanted her to make it for us while she was home for Christmas. It's true, it is a big hit! Plus it is soooo easy to make!
 
Cook a box of Rigatoni noodles. Follow the instructions. Be sure and don't over cook them so they won't get mushy. Drain and keep aside for a few minutes.
 
1 stick butter
2 cups milk
add about 1/3 cup flour
Melt the butter in the same pan that you just emptied out all the pasta from. Add the 2 cups of milk, then whisk in the flour making sure you have no clumps in it. Heat on medium until it slightly thickens. Now throw back in your well drained pasta, then start adding your cheeses.
1 cup mild Cheddar
1 cup Sharp Cheddar
2 cups Mozzarella
1 cup shredded Gouda Cheese
Stir these all together, make sure the cheese is well stirred throughout the pasta. Place into a buttered pan.
Layer the top with bread crumbs. I used Panko bread crumbs. Then I sprayed the top with the "I can't believe it's not butter" spray. This is to help it brown up better.
Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
 
 
Hope you enjoy this as much as we have.
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Mmmmnnn...looks delicious! I will try this & how great it is that your daughter made it for the family! I am taking photography & creative writing....going for the bachelor of arts degree now! My business/finance degree served me well but now it's time to do something for me. :)

    ReplyDelete

NASSAU, BAHAMAS

The resort Atlantis from our balcony on the cruise ship. HEY MON! NO PROBLEM    After disembarking from the ship, you are bomba...